Sports tourism is the fastest growing segment of the tourism industry.
GovGuam initiated its support for aquaculture in the early 1970’s. First commercial operation produced freshwater eels for export to Japan in the 70’s and into 80’s. Local aquaculture provided bait for tuna purse seiner fleets in the 80’ and into the 90’s.
U.S. & International Film markets are looking for new “unshot” locations to shoot motion pictures, TV shows or commercials, and still production events. Additionally, in light of global security issues, production companies are looking for scenic locations safe for visiting crews, and feature supporting service infrastructure and business friendly environments. Directors, specifically, are looking for locations that allow for shooting a variety of scenes in one location.
KOTTURA has a threefold project focus; the first being Economic Development, the second is
Cultural Preservation and the third being Artistic Accessibility. The KOTTURA proposal will be the
first project of its kind for Guam and will be a flagship for The Guam Economic Development Authority as part of the Authority’s strategy for continued economic development and
economic diversity. Guam’s downtown area will be a cultural destination not only for our
community but for the millions of visitors who come to Guam seeking family friendly and
educational attractions, specifically for information about our unique heritage and history.
Arbitration & Mediation
- Neutral location for U.S. companies to conduct arbitration with Asian businesses
- Guam law provides for mediation and arbitration of contractual disputes that are enforceable in over 134 countries including Chine and other Asian nations.
Regional Distribution Center
- Avoid delays in current distribution system
- Utilizing bonded warehousing on Guam as a consolidation and customs clearance center
Regional Recycling Center
- A hub for collection and transshipment of recyclable materials in the region
- Captive Insurance with focus on Asian captives
Professional Education & Certification
- Convenient location for US companies to credential Asian professional hires
Film, Video, Commercials
- Regional venue for television and commercial film production for Asian producers
- GEDA under a property management agree with Ancestral Lands Commission has over 600 acres of public land available for development to support new industries
Source: Guam Economic Development Authority